Ambrosia Cake Quick & Easy
Growing up I remember looking forward to Ambrosia Salad ( Whipped Fruit Salad) this is a twist in the form of cake. Perfect for any family dinner, picnic or potluck events. This is a year round treat and can be paired up with a nice orange spice tea or Ice Tea.
No need to tap that watch, I gotcha!
Time crunch? This recipe is quick and easy no baking necessary. Should take less than 20 minutes to create.
I hope you enjoy this, please leave a comment below letting me know how it worked for you.
Ambrosia Cake ~ Quick & Easy
- 1 10-Inch Sponge Cake
- 2 Cups Dairy Sour Cream
- 2 20-Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple, Drained (1 3/4 Cups Per Can) Reserve 1 Can for Final Top
- 1 1/3 Cups Flaked Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 11-Ounce Can Mandarin Orange Sections, Drained
- Cut Sponge Cake Crosswise into 3 Layers
- Combine Sour Cream, Drained Crushed Pineapple, Flaked Coconut and Brown Sugar
- Place Bottom Layer of Cake on Serving Platter; Top with 1/3 of Pineapple Mixture
- Add Second Layer of Cake; Top with Another 1/3 Pineapple Mixture
- Top with Final Layer of Cake; Use Remaining Pineapple Mixture
- Garnish with Mandarin Orange Slices
- Chill Till Serving Time
Sugar Blossom's Circle CopyRight